ABOUT THIS DENTAL EDUCATION COURSE
Examination and Records is a foundational course for the Dawson Academy Core Curriculum. From this hands-on post graduate dental course, you will walk away with an understanding of why a comprehensive examination is essential to the treatment planning process. As Dr. Dawson says “every great treatment plan comes from a well organized records appointment”.
You will learn how to take excellent clinical photographs, facebow record, the easiest, simplest and most predictable way to take a Centric Relation bite record and a comprehensive examination process including muscle examination and TMJ analysis.
We will discuss which patients are straight forward to treat and which require occlusal therapy before definitive treatment is performed.
Date: June 5 – 7, 2017
CE Credits: 15
Tuition Fee: INR 2,35,000/- per doctor or technician
Location: Dawson Academy India, Confident Dental Care, Bangalore
Target Audience: General Dentists, Specialists, Laboratory Technicians
- Acquire efficient records gathering process that can be implemented immediately.
- Acquire skills to educate each patient during an examination.
- Establish fees for examination / consultation process.
- Integrate the ability to ask further focused questions.
- Locate, verify and precisely record centric relation and mount casts onto an appropriate semi-adjustable articulator.
- Acquire the skills to use macro digital camera to shoot a full series of diagnostic digital photographs.
- Verify how to do a correct facebow transfer – and why this is critical to both the diagnostic and restorative phase of treatment.
- Judge how to do a comprehensive smile analysis – how to recognize the flaw in any smile.
- Evaluate the system for signs of instability (wear, mobility, migration, muscle issues, of TMJ dysfunction) – the key to clinical examination, and ensure the patient understands the problem.
- Select a protocol for when to get CT, MRI, etc based on ROM, history and load test.